I've been having alot of trouble sleeping recently. I'm struggling to switch off as I tend to worry about things whilst i'm trying to get to sleep. I'm trying really hard to switch off and not think about things to help get a better sleep. Here's a few tips and tricks to help you de-stress before bed.
1. Have a relaxing bath! I love soaking in a nice warm bath with a Lush bath bomb* to chill out before going to bed. I light some candles and just relax, sometimes i'll watch youtube videos as well. I'm loving all the new Lush Christmas products, check them out in my recent Lush Solihull tour blog post
2. No Phones! One of my biggest struggles is sitting on my phone for hours! I'll constantly refresh instagram and twitter and sit there for along long time just scrolling! The light from your phone actually prevents your brain from producing Melatonin which is a hormone that tells our bodies its nighttime.
3. Light a candle on the evening. This Neom Tranquility Candle * that I got from Amara is lovely! The Lavender, Sweet Basil and Jasmine are a perfect combination for that perfect sleep. They relax you and calm you for a better sleep.
4. Sleep Spray, The This Works, Deep Sleep Pillow Spray is lovely. So many people rave about it! I've been using it for a little while and i'm still struggling to sleep but I think I'm thinking about too much. It does however relax me and make me feel calm.
5. That skincare routine! There's lots of lovely products that you can use on your skin that work through the night. These usually have lavender and jasmine in which calm your skin but also smell amazing and can create a better nights sleep. The Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate* is great it has that Lavender essential oil inside which soothes irritated skin and smells lovely.
6. Read a book, I find that reading a book before bed helps me sleep. I feel I worry less about whats going on in the real world because i'm reading about something else, reading makes me feel less stressed and allows me to switch off and relax before bed.
What are your tips for De-stressing before bed? I think i've got so much going on right now because i'm still struggling to get to sleep so if you have any remedies or methods let me know.
* This post contains pr samples. I have not been paid for this blog post.